Photo provided by Icicle TV contributor and firefighter Alex Roberts.
There’s no doubt that with this year’s overly active and destructive wildfire season striking so close to so many populated areas in our state, these are the worst of times for many of our neighbors. On the bright side, our communities are pulling together once again, showing their strength and compassionate character by helping those in need.
If you are able, please consider making a monetary donation to one of the following organizations.
- The Community Foundation of North Central Washington is gathering donations for victims of the Chelan Valley Fire and the Sleepy Hollow Heights Fire, as well as the Carlton Complex Fire that tore through Pateros just over a year ago. Click on any on these fire names for donation information.
- The Salvation Army office in Wenatchee is giving away gas cards and thrift-store vouchers. It is requesting financial donations.
- The United Way of Chelan and Douglas Counties has set up a fund for wildfire relief efforts. Contributions can be made to United Way of Chelan & Douglas Counties, PO Box 488, Wenatchee, WA 98807 (please write wildfire in the memo) or by visiting their website and clicking the donate button. 100% of contributions will go directly toward fire relief efforts.
- Room One, located in Twisp, is focused on long-term recovery efforts and serves the Methow Valley. Visit their website to donate, or call them at (509) 997-2050 to find out more.
- The Red Cross is accepting donations for wildfire disaster relief, which allows it to set up shelters and provide quick help.